In general they accept paper, cardboard, plastic and glass bottles, drinks cans and food tins, textiles and footwear, electrical equipment, fluorescent tubes, waste oil and DIY waste. Some also accept garden waste and Christmas trees.
What materials Cannot be recycled in Ireland?
The below items can NOT be placed into the recycling bin:
Nappies and Sanitary Products (including baby wipes) Food Waste. Contaminated Packaging (greasy, dirty or with residue) Garden Cuttings / Soil.
What can I put in recycling bin?
In your recycling bin or bags, you can put:
- plastic – including bottles, pots, tubs, cartons and carrier bags (empty and untied)
- paper – including newspapers, magazines and letters.
- cardboard – including cereal and egg boxes.
- metal – including tins, cans, aerosols, aluminium foil and bottle tops.
What can I recycle?
What Can Be Recycled Curbside
- Paper including newspapers, magazines, and mixed paper.
- Cardboard (OCC)
- Glass bottles and jars.
- Rigid plastic products.
- Metal containers, including tin, aluminum, and steel cans.
- Food waste, if your city has an organics collection program.
What are things you Cannot recycle?
- Food waste.
- Food-tainted items (such as: used paper plates or boxes, paper towels, or paper napkins)
- Ceramics and kitchenware.
- Windows and mirrors.
- Plastic wrap.
- Packing peanuts and bubble wrap.
- Wax boxes.
Can shampoo bottles be recycled?
Any number – you can recycle most plastic bottles and jugs, tubs, and jars. Bleach and laundry soap jugs can be recycled. They must be thoroughly rinsed first and be empty, clean, and dry.
Can you recycle pizza boxes Ireland?
Your takeaway pizza box can go in the recycling bin, even if it has grease on it. But if there is any part of the box that is contaminated with food, tear it off and place it in the food waste bin. These cannot be recycled. Please placed in your general waste bin.
Can clothes go in recycle bin?
There are places to recycle clothing, such as Goodwill or Salvation Army, but a curbside recycling bin is not the way to go. Clothing clogs up the machinery at the recycling facility so employees must keep a watchful eye to try to pull out errant clothing.
Can you recycle cardboard takeaway containers?
Plastic Clamshell Containers: These clear plastic takeout containers can be recycled and should be whenever possible. Paper or Cardboard Containers and Clamshells: These are often made from recycled materials and can be recycled themselves. … Yeah, those are recyclable as long as they’re clean.
What goes in a black bin?
What to put in your black bin:
- Carrier bags, film and cling film.
- Crisp packets.
- Tetrapak (juice cartons)
- Animal waste including dog poo, cat litter and small animal bedding.
- Vacuum cleaner contents.